We seek the best fit between our applicants and our training program. Applicants should have an interest and background in psychological evaluation and psychotherapy, and interest in advancing competencies in providing public-sector health service psychology services to individuals with a myriad of mental health conditions. Our eligibility requirements are:
- Master’s Degree in Clinical or Counseling Psychology or a related Behavioral Science.
- All Doctoral degree requirements met by August 31, 2023, including successful defense/passing of the dissertation or doctoral project.
- Completion of APA-accredited Ph.D. or Psy.D. program in Clinical or Counseling Psychology
- Completion of APA-accredited internship
Both the doctoral program and the internship program must be APA-accredited at the time of application. Applicants must be US citizens or have the legal right to work in the United States; we do not sponsor Visas.
Recruitment for our APA-Accredited Traditional Practice Clinical Psychology Program typically begins in November. Interviews and offers are on a rolling basis. While our Program is an APPIC member program, it does not participate in the APPIC postdoctoral uniform application process or abide by the APPIC uniform notification date.
To formally apply to our APA-Accredited Traditional Practice Clinical Psychology Program, you are required to use our online application (link below). Be prepared to respond to questions regarding clinical experiences, clinical orientation, therapy experience, testing experience, assessment techniques, etc. Please use the following browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari to access the application.
All online applications (link at bottom of page) are to include the following required documents (uploaded within the application):
- Current CV
- Unofficial transcripts from all graduate programs (must indicate when qualifying Master’s Degree was obtained)
The following documents are also required and are to be emailed by your stated references directly to the Department of Psychiatry Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Psychology Division Verification of Doctorate from your Program Director or Director of Clinical Training. Please download this form and provide to the appropriate person for completion.
- Letter of Recommendation from your Pre-Doctoral Internship Director
- Letter of Recommendation from a Clinical Supervisor
- An additional letter of recommendation from a clinical supervisor may also be sent but is not required.
Applications to our Traditional Clinical Psychology Program will be reviewed for eligibility when all required materials are received. After review, interviews will be extended to selected candidates. At this time, all interviews will be held virtually.
The APA-accredited fellowship program is funded through the Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health (LAC DMH), which requires the completion of a civil service application to those applicants that are selected for the postdoctoral fellowship program. The application process will include a mandatory livescan and pre-employment health clearances. Additional requirements and details will be provided to elected candidates during the onboarding process.
*Training is currently remote and provided through LAC DMH approved teleplatforms. Any in-person training experiences mentioned below have either transitioned to telehealth platforms or been temporarily paused. Some or all training experiences are likely to shift to in-person during the course of the training year based on LAC DMH and public health guidance for the CoViD-19 pandemic.
Questions regarding the fellowship program are to be directed to Ms. Catherine Bustamante, Department of Psychiatry Administrator, email@example.com Should you encounter difficulties with the online application, please contact Ms. Bustamante immediately via email.